3.11.14

Making a Princess

After a lot of thinking I decided to turn myself into Princess Leia Organa for my friends Halloweenparty/Birthdayparty. And I did of course make my costume all by myself, not only the dress but also her gun. It was really fun to be sewing again, though it would have been a lot easier and the result would have been better if I had used the right kind of fabric. But I'm poor so I had to make do with what I could afford. I followed this very handy tutorial and it was great since the measurement suited me perfectly.

  
The dress took a day to make, it was really easy. 

Making the gun was a very interesting process. I spent hours in the hardware store without finding the right material. But I was able to find everything I needed in my magical wardrobe, the one filled with all kinds of stuff.

  
The pipe is made from glitter-glue pen, the colorful parts are clay and then there is some wire in there as well. A little bit of everything!

And here is the final result! Photographer is my dear friend Josefine Oldeman, who also fixed my hair.

  

No comments: