10.9.17

Baby blanket

On my 30 before 30 list is a dreaded goal of making a crocheted blanket. I goal I almost completed before tossing a huge 90% finished blanket away, as I had grown to despite it. And have since struggled with starting a new, since I don't feel like such a blanket will fit in in my home.

But it had recently been announced that my brother is expecting a baby, so guess who will get a crocheted blanket for their birthday.


Went to Google for inspiration and found a supercute pattern using something called bubble stitch which was used to create different symbols on each square. I will keep it a bit simple and just use blank squares and squares with hearts on them. I will also make a longer square containing the name, which I think I'll find out before I'll meet the baby.

I think the colours for the blanket will be off-white, pale yellow and a pale forrest green. Would love to use some of the pinkish coloured yarns that I have, but since the gender is not known yet and since I don't think these parents will appreciate a pink blanket to a boy, I'm going with some more gender-neutral colours.


I've made a sketch of the blanket, to figure out where to place the hearts and what colour each square should have. It's still a work in progress. When it comes to the colours I'm thinking of having two colours for the squares and then the third colour for the name tag, making it pop more.

What I do know is that I have 51 squares + name tag to do. It takes me 1,5 hours to make one with hearts. And the yarn seems to be enough for 3,5 square. There's a lot of work ahead to finish before February.


No comments: