3.11.17

Inktober


October has passed and with it has also the inktober challenge, were you're supposed to draw an ink drawing every day in the month of October. This year has been the third year that I have done this challenge and so far it's been the best in the aspect of keeping up with the daily drawings, even if my Instagram might not agree. I've finished 16 drawings and still have another 6 that are sketch but yet not finalized. I'm planning on finish them during November, with ink of course. So in "total" I made 22 drawings out of 31, not to bad considering that I'm not even used to sketching on a daily basis.

Not all of the drawings have yet made their way to Instagram, where I usually post my arty stuff. It's mainly because I always stay up very late to finish the drawings and don't want to post pictures then as I have coworkers following me there and I don't want them to tell my boss I'm staying up way past my bedtime and not being a responsible adult (yes I know that's a rather strange dilemma I've created and not very reasonable in the real world, but that's just my brain). The other reason is that I don't like the quality of my camera on the phone so I just don't feel like the photos showcases my drawing well enough, which makes me feel a bit sad. I am thinking about saving up for a new camera, one of those cool ones with WiFi so that I could either upload directly to Instagram or just store them on my drive where I can easily access them from my phone to edit and post.

Inktober has inspired me to try some other challenges, but these are mostly sketching which makes it so much easier. Some of the challenges that I'm considering to do are "30 day diary illustrations", "100 sketches of ..." and "30 days of Outfit of the day". I think they will develop me a lot. Especially that last one since I can't draw clothes at all and it's something I really want to do.

But before I'm undertaking any challengers I'll give myself a bit of a break during November as I have plenty of other projects that I want to do. I'm trying my hands on writing with the NaNoWriMo-challenge (more bout it in the next entry), want to redo the 30 days of yoga, finish crafting my new bullet journal, I need to mend and fix lots of clothes for Australia, a secret thing and I also really want to do some doll customization as I've recently become addicted to the Dollightful channel on YouTube. So during this weekend I'm planning on searching in Second Hand shops for toys that I can repaint, as I'm trying to be environmental and also dolls are very expensive. I have lots of difference idea that I want to do, so I'm going to see what I can find in the shops and go from there.

No comments: