3.11.17

NaNoWriMo

National Novel Writing Month. By a coworker I got informed about this to me unknown challenge, where you're write a novel of 50.000 words during November month.

I used to write lots of poems back in my teenage-time and on my drive there's lots of unfinished stories that I really want to write on. And there's one story in particular that I want to write. So I signed up for this challenge and three days in I'm already struggling to keep up, hurrah. But It's been great non the less. And it is fun doing something creative besides drawing.

There's a whole community and all attached to this challenge. If you sign up you can track your progress and get badges. I'm a sucker for achievements.

The story I'm writing is rather difficult to describe, mostly because it's very personal. It could be described as a biography inspired by my teenage-years but written from other peoples points of view as a reflection on the relationship they had to this teenage-girl. It's very much a fiction however, with few resembles from actual reality. I only have about 20 chapters planned which might be a bit short as I'm currently trying to write one chapter every day and that will probably not reach 50.000, but I'm sure I will figure something out along the road. And it's not like this is going to be published or anything, so it is totally okay if it falls short.

Good luck to everyone that's writing this month!

No comments: