9.5.17

Vårruset 2017




It was a rather cold but sunny evening when I joined 12.000 other women in Vårruset here in Gothenburg. I had my mum cheering me on as I did my best in this 5 kilometer long race. This was my first time running outdoors, usually I'm just on the treadmill, and it was a lot more difficult than expected. I think my biggest issue was to keep a steady pace as I ran past all the joggers and walkers. Ended up on a time around 40 minutes, don't know for sure since the watch I was using for time-taking was useless and showed 32 seconds as I passed the goal. I feel very certain that that wasn't my real time, but who knows for sure.

Though it was cold and harder than expected it was also a fun experience and I will be back next year for sure!

Still haven't decided if I'm going for the "Gothenburg classic" challenge. Mostly because I'm a bit short on money currently and the first race is on the 27th of May. It also falls on a day when Rhys is visiting, so I would have to drag him with me as well.

We'll see what happens. Should probably fix that flat tire of mine and start riding the bike to work first of all.

No comments: