10.7.17

Flying... Or rather just waiting. Part 1

Goodness gracious me has my flying luck been on the edge of not working at all this weekend.

On the Friday I got an email midday from airberlin informing me that my 19.20 flight has been delayed to 20.00. which sucked alot since I had a connecting flight that would be hard to get onboard before I got to Berlin.

When getting to the airport there's no information about the delay at all. Foolishly I thought that was a good sign (I'm laughing inside at the foolishly naive young woman I once was). All through the security and all I get another email saying my flight is only delayed to 19.50. Half an hour later I get yet another email, saying 21.00. Big oh no as that would mean that I would miss my connecting flight. Well, things kind of got better from there, as I got yet another email, but this time about my second flight. It was delayed by two hours as well, making it again a narrow change but in the end I made it.

But I couldn't relax just yet. As I now we're arriving to the airport at 00.05 and the last train from the airport goes at 00.18. We did of course land at the furthest end of the airport, making it a long run. I could barley breath for half an hour as the AC on the airplane had dried out my poor throat.

At least I got there and got to enjoy a wonderful weekend with my sweetheart.

No comments: