9.8.17

Good Morning Sunshine

It has been a morning for sure this Wednesday. For the third night in a row I'm woken up in the middle of the night. This time by a Milky cat complaining that he didn't get any dry food before bedtimes. It was a very tired Maria that later rolled out of bed after snoozing an hour.

I recently changed my breakfast from yogurt and müsli to smoothies, as I had started to loathe my yogurt and müsli. Though this new breakfast of mine surely is tastier, I'm a bit worried about its protein content. To ease my worry I've ordered some protein powder that the postman jammed into my mailbox, was a lot of cardboard destruction to try and get that out, thank you postman.

But back to this morning. It was the first time for me to add this healthy powder into my smoothie. The backside of the bag said to use 30g of powder to 300ml of water. Since my smoothies are about 300ml, I made the decision to measure up and add 30g, which is roughly 100ml. Big mistake. My smoothie tasted nothing but powdery, nothing like my usually so tasty blend between banana and raspberries. I tried my best to add more oatmilk and more raspberries, and though it started to taste more like raspberries again it was still rather powdery. Ended up with probably 600ml of smoothie, so at least I have some of it waiting for me when I get home.

Well, after the powder-disaster it came time to close the bag of the protein powder. It had one of those zip-locks, clever little things to make your bags reusable. Except this one wouldn't work at all. After trying for half an hour I had to give up and instead find a container to put the powdery content into. Only I didn't have one big enough, but after pouring over most of the content I could at least fit the bag into one of my reusable zip-lock bags (oh the irony). 

My kitchen is coated in powder now, I nearly forgot to feed the kitties before leaving. Lets hope I don't fall asleep at the desk at work

No comments: