27.8.17

Project 333 / Capsule Wardrobe - What is it?

Over the summer I've been introduced to a concept refereed to capsule wardrobe or Project 333. It's all about having and using a small wardrobe. The Project 333 refer to using 33 pieces of clothing, often including outwear, shoes and accessories, and using these clothes for a full season, 3 months. It's goal is to use your clothes, minimize the "One day I'll wear that"-pieces in the wardrobe. It is also combined with saying good bye to fast fashion and instead, when needed, invest in clothes from sustainable sources. Well, that's at least what I've taken from it. And from it I will take these things:

  • Start buying clothes from sustainable sources
  • Think through my purchases more, no longer buying clothes that will not be worn
  • Mend and take care of my clothes
  • Give the 33 clothes for 3 months a change, try make new and fun combinations
  • Stop using softener and the drier, as these does more harm than good to the clothes 



Interested? Here are some links and information

My Green Closet Youtuber all about sustainable fashion and with great tips on how to get the most out of a smaller wardrobe.

List of a ton of sustainable shops, not only fashion

Project 333 Here you can find a lot more information.


No comments: