27.8.17

Project 333 / Capsule Wardrobe - The Purge

As a part of my journey into getting a sustainable wardrobe, and part because I love organizing anything, I've made a big spreadsheet of the content in my wardrobe. Not only did I make a list of each piece, but I also added information about color, appropriate seasons to be used, what state they are in and whether or not I want to keep the piece. Took me some time, but it was a lot of fun...

Yes, I'm a dork and proud of it


With help of my honest and though loving sister, I've purged my wardrobe. It was great fun and lots of undressing and dressing quickly and a new joke was formed.

*tada* Släktmiddagar *jazzhands*

I'm left with a few decisions and two big bags with clothes for donations (as I'm too lazy to try and get some money from them by selling them). I also have shoes to sort through but their fate is kind of already set. If shoes are to uncomfortable to wear, than there's no reason to have them.

So from 91 pieces of clothing (including outwear but excluding shoes and accessories) I'm now down to  66 pieces, all of whom will be used and loved and tended for.  It feels wonderful to have purged the wardrobe. I now have a wardrobe only of clothes that I will wear, no more guilt over that skirt that I bought 5 years ago but never worn. Having things that I don't use does not make me happy. 

And with this purge done I feel ready to try the 333 Project for this autumn. 33 pieces of clothing to use for 3 months.