7.4.17

Do Not Panic

Oh dear me, it has been a morning for sure today. Went to bed at 11pm, went up at 3am. Milky had no clue why he had to get out of the bed as I quickly changed the sheets for my catsitter. Had to run to the tram, since i decided to paint my nails at last second. Almost forgot my sunglasses on the bus as they had fallen into the seat next to me. Bought a yoghurt and orange juice at the airport that i had to consume while queueing for the security check. It's interesting how empty the streets are at 5am, but the airport is cramped with people.
Made it through security and went to the bathroom where i multitasked on my phone. Exchanged some money and then went through passport control and to my gate. They opened my gate and i got into my bag to get my phone so i could send a quick text to Rhys. Got on the airplane. Except that their might have been 20 minutes of panic in between. You see, I didn't have the phone in my bag. It was lost. Remember how I told you about some multitasking in the bathroom... I put my phone down to wash my hands and told my self not to forget it...
So I ran back through the passport control (without showing my passport because they were only working on letting people in to the gates and not out. I probably crossed the Swedish border illegally) tran to the bathroom and try to find different stores in the closest area where someone could have left my phone. Nothing. Panic. Fighting lots of tears. Stress. Gave up, ran back to the passport control and to my gate. The line for my gate was still huge. Found a staff member there and asked if they perhaps could ask around on the walkie-talkies if someone had found my phone. A few minutes of silence. Then huge relief. A cleaning lady had my phone, or at least a phone. So I had to wait. And the boarding line is getting shorter. Panic again, what if she doesn't make it in time. The line is down to ten people. I see her. She passes me the phone and asks me to restart it, just so that I can put in code and all and prove it is my phone. It seems to take forever to restart the damn phone. But finally i get to put in my pin, thank the lady again and rush off to my gate. I was only second last to board. My window seat was sken, but I couldn't care less. I sat down and got to send that short text to Rhys telling him I was on the plane and on my way to him.

It's not even 9am now and I'm exhausted. Let's not have any more adventurous today. Let's just sit in the park and feed the squirrels.

No comments: